Cogent Impact Investment Analyst
About Cogent Consulting PBC
We are a dedicated team of independent professionals passionate about “doing good well”. Our team includes experts in impact investing, and impact investing ecosystem development.
We’re seeking a part-time team member who will join us on this exciting journey to change the course of capitalism through impact investment. This person will do the first-level investment research, market scan, and outreach needed for our client work that calls for finding and vetting impact investment opportunities.
Research financial, business, and economic sector data as part of the first level of due diligence on
prospective investment opportunities for clients and impact investing ecosystem work. In addition:
- Help the Cogent Consulting team work together effectively and efficiently.
- Embrace the Cogent Consulting team’s active engagement in strategies to achieve equity and inclusion of overlooked talent in the field of Impact Investing.
- Contribute financial, investment and general research and analytical skills as part of the Cogent Consulting team to deliver excellent results for clients.
a. Analyze quantitative and qualitative financial and other information, assessing and
summarizing results in visual, written and oral formats.
b. Provide personal and professional perspectives as applicable.
c. Complete client deliverables on time, with attention to detail, as assigned.
- Participate with the Cogent team to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
a. Participate in weekly team meetings that update client work and operational coordination.
Use all technology tools used by team for coordination and project management.
$25-50 per hour based on financial knowledge, research ability, experience & expertise.
Contract only position for 25-30 hours per month that varies based on client linked assignments and up to 10 hours per month of team coordination and planning time that is not billable. May require additional unbillable hours at the start of service. Mainly remote with once-a-week co-working at Impact Hub MSP, coordinated with the team.
Requirements & Preferences
- Driven by a desire to make a positive difference in the world using impact investing as a tool.
- Solid financial skills (accounting, finance, CFA Level I or equivalent). Can read a financial statement,
spread numbers, see risk, and assess both businesses and nonprofits. Data analysis and spreadsheet
- At least 2 years professional experience in this field. Interest in building a career in the investment
- Track record doing something to give back to the greater good.
- Working knowledge of CDFI, nonprofit, small business, real estate, and impact investing is a plus.
- Solid written and visual communications skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Experience or desire to work with entrepreneurial, growing, and purpose-driven organizations.
- Commitment to Cogent’s civic values, mission as a Public Benefit Corporation, and operating
principles, including high ethical standards and commitment to client confidentiality.
- Prior use of small business support tools (or willingness to self-learn) Slack, Google Drive,
PowerPoint, Adobe Pro, Microsoft Office, Asana, Toggl, etc.
- Able to work independently and on a team whose members work remotely; enjoy getting and
providing input and feedback from team members.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and openness for working with a diverse group of people.
Deadline and Directions
We will accept applications until the position and/or needs are filled.
Please send your resume, cover letter and/or statement of interest to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in our work and the impact investing field.